ANOTHER STATE OF MIND: PERSPECTIVES FROM WISDOM TRADITIONS ON MANAGEMENT AND BUSINESS
Another State of Mind (2014, Palgrave) was a collaborative project Bertine van Hoof and Robert Blame started. I contributed to this book by integrating Rumi’s wisdom with Appreciative Inquiry as a strengths-based change philosophy.
More on this book
Since time immemorial, man has been engaged in the pursuit of wisdom. We are in search of ‘wise’ ideas on ways to cope with daily problems and answers to the everyday judgments and decisions we have to make. How can we make the concept of wisdom more easily accessible for managers and business professionals? What relevance does the concept of wisdom hold for those managers and professionals who are confronted with challenges and who grapple with problems and ambiguities on a daily basis? The authors of Another State of Mind go back in cultural history to answer the key question: how one can act wisely in the spirit of the present age?
Key features include:
• Coverage of all the major wisdom traditions, including Humanism, Confucianism, Taoism, and some of their side branches;
• Written by renowned authors with backgrounds as scholars, executives, governors, practitioners, management teachers, and consultants;
• A narrative that originates from writings produced by icons from history such as Confucius, Rumi, Dogen, Spinoza, and Camus;
• Connects the wisdom of various traditions with a wide range of management topics: entrepreneurship, governance, innovation, strategy, community building, and learning, leadership, organizational development and change, talent development, personal development, engagement, integrity, the art of living and finally wellbeing in organizations;
• Six personal stories of respected top leaders, including a former CEO of the IMF and USA, nominated best leader of the year;
• Business cases from globally successful companies such as Tata Steel and Haier;
• A deeper insight into the cultural characteristics of China, Japan, India, Nigeria, and Western societies.
The perspectives offered in this book demonstrate ways to create value to your personal, professional, and organizational life.
Joe Stories - 2022
The book is about conversations between two people about life and how they experience and perceive it. It's like a mentor (Joe) and mentee conversation but at the same time, the mentor - Joe - is vulnerable. He's imperfect. He seeks and tries to discover different aspects of life. He becomes intellectual and sensual. He discovers and he is confused. He imagines but he also fails to step. Joe and the other person talk about loneliness, love, stories, hope, happiness, life purpose, and ...
They talk as they observe life. It's about 50 minimal stories. (conversations between Joe and the narrator)
Transcendence (Valayesh) - 2016
Transcendence is the collection of my writing over 10 years in Persian. In this book with the combination of visual art, mostly paintings, and notes on the philosophy of life you walk a journey of self-discovery.
One: Do you choose to be afraid or choose to get hurt and continue?
Two: Don’t live in land that does not belong to you.
Three: How soon we get used to it.
Four: The day we started conversations.
Five: Nostalgies we have today
Six: A morning conversation with Marguerite Duras.